New international students who are non-EU citizens now have the opportunity to apply for the International Undergraduate Merit scholarships at University of Sheffield. There up to 50 scholarshipsavailable this year. If you are commencing your undergraduate study in September 2019, apply for this incredible opportunity!
The University of Sheffield is situated in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. This public research university received its royal charter in 1905 which marked as successor to the University College of Sheffield. It was established in 1897 by the merger of Firth College (1879), Sheffield Medical School (1828) and Sheffield Technical School (1884). Up to 50 International Undergraduate Merit scholarships at University of Sheffield are offered this year for international students commencing their undergraduate studies in September 2019. The award is worth 50% of the tuition cost. All undergraduate programs are eligible for this scholarship except for Dentistry (A200) and Medicine (A100/A101)
- Candidates must receive an offer to study as a either a part time or full time undergraduate student at the University by April 19, 2019
- The study program must be scheduled to begin in September 2019 at the University
- Students must be self-funded and eligible to fulfil the international tuition fee
- Must not be a sponsored candidate (defined as being a holder of a total sum of funds that exceeds or matches the original tuition cost stipulated by the University, prior to the application for any discounts, scholarships or rewards.
- Must be first or second year students
All March programs are not eligible for this scholarship for they are considered as postgraduate taught programs.
- The scholarships can be granted in conjunction with other available scholarships from the faculty or Department you’ll be studying in, subject to not becoming a sponsored student.
- This International Undergraduate Merit scholarship call cannot be awarded in conjunction with other external sponsors such as the Government and governmental organisations (national, regional or international; private enterprise; research council; charity; etc.) excluding a loan that has to be paid back in full.
Students can commence their application via MUSE. Note that, eligibility entails having received an offer to study at the University by April 19, 2019.
The application closing date for the International Undergraduate Merit scholarships at University of Sheffield is on April 26, 2019 at 16:00 (UK time).
The outcome of the scholarships will be available on May 31, 2019 by 16:00 (UK time).
This call will not be applicable during any years in industry or other mandatory or non-mandatory years abroad as part of students’ degree. Should you be selected for this award and fail to fulfil the conditions of the course, it will lead to the termination of the award. Students will have the choice to forfeit their scholarship if they change their degree programs and begin their first year study again in their new program.
This scholarship call can be tenable for a maximum of four academic years.
For more information about the award or the university, please visit the official website.